Wednesday 19 October 2011

Butterbeer


My first project that I planned to post was supposed to be Halloween cupcakes which was the original plan I had made with my friends. However, last minute we decided to get together and make butterbeer (the hot beverage of wizards). The recipe we ended up choosing (was made mostly by me because I can't stand carbonated drinks) was probably the easiest recipe I'd ever seen. The choice was also made because one of my floormates had made a carbonated butterbeer before and said she gagged instantly as well as because it was easy to get all the ingredients on such short notice.

Hot Butterbeer

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups of milk
1/2 cup of butterscotch syrup or chips
Whipped topping or whipped cream

Directions:

Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add butterscotch chips or syrup. Stir until melted. Bring mixture to almost boiling. Pour into mugs. Top with whipped topping or whipped cream. 
(courtesy of harrypotterrecipes.net)


(ironically my friends ended up doing all the work and I just took the pictures)

We ended up making two servings of the recipe which came out to 5 tall glasses and required a milk-run to the corner store which only sold a very strange brand with a castle on the label and a fairytale about immigrant  milk workers.



Despite the very unimpressive recipe (seeing as a five year-old could make this), it was delicious (reallllly sweet but still delicious) and was perfect for Canadian weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment